Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Police nab 2 over vandalisation of Oyo PDP office.

TWO members of the Action Congress of Nigeria, ACN, alleged to have masterminded Monday attack on the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, secretariat in Oyo State, where five persons were injured, have been arrested by the police. The suspects are Mr. Abass Oloko, a Vice Chairman of the State Pilgrims Board (Muslims wing) and the former lawmaker of the State House of Assembly, Mr. Mohammed Inakoju.
But, before the suspects were moved to Yemetu Police Station, they danied having any hand in the said attack as alleged by Alhaji Basiru Akanbi, secretary to the faction of PDP led by Otunba Alao-Akala.
They claimed that the PDP mentioned their names because they both had left the party and joined the ruling ACN.
Oloko said,“I was not there and did not even know that the PDP secretariat was attacked until I got an invitation over the matter. I have told the police hierarchy that I knew nothing about it. My name was mentioned by the PDP because I left the party for the ACN and unfortunately may be, they didn’t know other ACN members at the court that was why they mentioned the names of the two of us who were well known to them, being former party members”.
What happened, according to him, amounted to mere political persecution and unfounded allegations that he led thugs to PDP’s office.
He said: “Let them substantiate their claims that I led thugs to attack them. I was in the court session like other ACN members and left immediately after to my office at Olodo only to receive invitation that the SSS and police have invited me over an attack on PDP office.”
It will be recalled that Alhaji Oloko alleged that the suspects attacked the PDP office after leaving the tribunal on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment